Brian and I went on our first overnight trip WITHOUT the boys since Lincoln was born. Brian has missed a couple of nights with the boys, but I have never been without them (other than when I gave birth to Declan which doesn't count since it was only one night and I still had Declan to worry about!). It was liberating, wonderful, and restful - well kind of. We headed up to Chicago for a wedding but with the drive time, additional drive time because of road closures and poor Google maps, and Chicago traffic, we were really only in the city for about five waking hours which were mostly spent at a wedding. But, we are so glad we did it and now we know the boys will survive without one of us around.Who took care of them? Gaga and Baba did! The boys did great. They loved playing ball, hanging out on the deck, and watching tv shows together. Declan even got to spend some extra time with Gaga and Baba while watching a Reds game in the middle of the night :) Other than one little middle of the night crying from Declan, I am not sure the boys missed us at all. Baba got Lincoln from his first nap, and Lincoln did not even bat an eyelash.
It is always so hard to say good-bye to family, but Lincoln really had a hard time this round. He loved the extra attention, fun presents, and lots of laughs (broken lawn chairs and all).






1 comment:
We loved being with the boys will do anytime you guys need to getaway!
Post a Comment