Sunday, June 14, 2015

Lincoln is TWO!

We went to COSI today, and I was determined to get Lincoln's two-year-old pictures there.  He wouldn't pose or stop to smile through the entire morning, but at the very end we watched the robots dance.  I quickly snapped his picture against the blue wall, and they turned out perfectly!  What a smile :)

I cannot believe that two years ago my water broke in the middle of the night and 12 hours later I had a baby.  That baby was Lincoln Alan, and he made me a Momma.  It has been a roller coaster of a ride - many, many happy moments, some frustrating moments, challenging and sad, but at the end of every day I rock my baby and lay him down in his crib and whisper, "Momma and Dadda love you." I have never missed a night of saying it.  And that we do - we love him so very much.


Lincoln brings a smile to everyone's face.  His smile is contagious.  He laughs from his belly, and he is quite the entertainer.


Lincoln loves with his whole body and soul.  He hugs, kisses, and cuddles with his family, and he shares his love when he thinks someone is sad.  He is more reserved around strangers, but once he is comfortable with you he will demand that you sit down and play with him.


Lincoln can be a challenge.  He can whine and fuss with the best of them.  He will insist that it is his way or the highway, and my favorite (insert sarcasm here) is he will often just sit down to protest even if he is in the middle of the street.  BUT - a tickle, a joke, or a funny face will usually turn the mood around and he is back to his happy self.


Lincoln is an observer.  He does not like to make mistakes, and he will often watch someone or something over and over until he knows how to do it perfectly.  He has done this with songs and dances from the library, puzzles and games, and even did this with walking (and I think talking).  Once he knows how to do something there is no stopping him, but we know to give him space and some time to practice.

I am headed back to work in the fall at a job that I am beyond excited about.  It is my dream job and one that I hope helps me find a healthy work/life balance.  It will be so hard to leave my boys, but I know this will make me an even better mother.  Until then, I am soaking in this two-year-old's love and snuggles and enjoying every minute of the summer!

Happy happy day - Lincoln Alan.  Enjoy your cupcake, ice cream, and extra special attention (on top of two weeks of celebrating with family members and sweets!).  We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Lincoln you are two now and growing up way too fast. We love you so much GaGa and Ba Ba