Monday, June 29, 2015

Declan - 8 months old!


It is hard to imagine that at this time in Lincoln's life, at eight-months-old, we had just found out that we were expecting a second child.  What were we thinking?!  It ended up being an amazing decision to go for number two when number one was still so little, and the boys are just now really starting to enjoy each other's company.  They make each other laugh, hold hands, tickle each other's feet in the stroller, and keep each other company.



At 8 months, Declan loves to eat!  I should rephrase that and say he loves to eat when it is a food that he enjoys.  He really likes sweet things (I have no idea where he gets that from!?) and will house a bowl full of pears, applesauce, peaches, etc.  He really does not like savory things like chicken, turkey, or a pureed chicken and noodle dish, and he is indifferent to greens.  We keep trying with all the food groups, and hopefully he will begin to enjoy all or at least most of his meals.


Declan has a great bedtime routine with his Dadda and sleeps about 12 hours at night.  He wakes once to eat, and then usually he will fall right back to sleep.  His naps are pretty regular in terms of timing, but sometimes his naps will be two plus hours and other times his naps are 45 minutes.  I have a feeling that daycare will help put him on more of a nap routine.

Declan has graduated to his big boy car seat and enjoys his new view.  He talks a ton in the car.  I have realized that Declan is pretty quiet when he can see Lincoln.  He watches that kid like a hawk.  But once that Lincoln is out of the picture (during Lincoln's nap or in the car), Declan talks and talks.  He will shrill, shriek, babble, and laugh.  It makes Lincoln and me giggle in the car.


Declan loves to play with....plastic.  Obviously I don't allow him to play with plastic bags and other things that may suffocate him, but he will reach and roll for the sound of plastic.  I have tried to find toys that he can crinkle, but really he likes plastic bags the most :)

Declan brings a lot of laughs, smiles, and coos to our life.  I can not imagine our crazy life without him!

We love you Declan Dougherty!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 8 months we love you GaGa and Ba Ba