Thursday, March 19, 2015

Happy 21st (month) Birthday, Lincoln!


I tend to post the same type of birthday posts for the boys so thought I would take a moment on Lincoln's 21st month birthday and post some quirky things I want to remember about this stage of his life.  Full Blown Toddlerhood.


Lincoln loves his routine.  He only wants Brian to get him in the mornings and if I try to get him out of his crib he will freak out.  This makes it tough when I am the only one home some mornings.  He is okay with me getting him during naps.

Along with his crib routine, he and Brian make oatmeal every morning for breakfast.  Linc must have his oatmeal in a ceramic bowl (which he doesn't use for anything else) and have his brown sugar and cinnamon.  Brian thinks he is close to saying cinnamon...I am not so sure :)


When I am using a stern voice with Linc, he will close his eyes.  I think he thinks he is disappearing because he is in trouble.  I usually say - I can see still you - then he smiles which breaks the tense moment of him making mischief.  Sometimes he will point out the window or at something in the house to try to distract me.  It worked a couple of times but not so much now.  :)

When Linc does succeed in doing something he shouldn't do, he immediately tells on himself by crying and pointing to whatever he just did (throw food on the ground, knock something off a table, close a door, etc.).  I hope this continues.

Linc's fuss face
Linc would live outside if he could.  He knows the way to the park and even in the car he knows the way to the Y and Tuttle Mall where he loves to play.  When he wants to leave the house, he will get his shoes and mine and throw them on the living room floor.

When Lincoln runs into something or falls and is not hurt, he will often turn the embarrassment into a funny incident.  He will often do the same action of running into couch again to make it appear that he meant to do it.  I think he does it because he is embarrassed, Brian thinks he does it because he thinks it is funny.


Lincoln is starting to love books and will use his finger to point to the words or pictures.  He never holds a book upside down, even a new book he has never seen before.  He is also getting much better at completing puzzles and matching colors.

Lincoln has his toddler moments where I wish he could speak in sentences and just tell me what he needs or wants.  He has his meltdowns when he doesn't get what he wants.  And, he has his moments when he just wants to be held or cuddled.  He holds me hand when we are walking and my heart melts.  He runs to me when I pick him up from the gym daycare and yells - Mama!  As hard as some days are, I wish I could freeze time right now with my two babies because I know these will be the days we will miss.


Only three months before this guy is 2 YEARS OLD.  I can't believe it, and I am sure it will fly by.  We love you, Lincoln Alan.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live in the present. Time will go slower. And each stage of a child's life is special in its own way. The future is filled with pleasant surprises.