Declan is still sweet at pie. He has a killer smile, and he will flash it at pretty much anyone who looks his way. He steals the show from Lincoln now because Lincoln is so shy in public - totally age appropriate- but Declan doesn't know better so he flashes his smile to make up for his brother's shyness. He does have a strong attachment to me - yeah because Lincoln LOVES his daddy - and I love every minute of his snuggles.
We are struggling a bit with Declan's evening routine. When Lincoln was this age our world revolved around him, but with Declan he has to share time and resources with Linc. This has interfered a little with our bedtime routine because he just does not get the same quiet nor devotion to the routine. My goal is to become more consistent with his routine to help him learn it is time for bed. Right now he will take an awkwardly timed nap right before bed (I think he will be down for the night) and then wake up pissed off around 8:30pm. He won't let Brian come near him, only wants me, and then is not sure if he wants food, snuggles, or just to sit in the dark. We are trying to figure it out and get him to bed without the complete baby drama we have now.
Declan is now 100% on bottles and formula. Nursing was easy and going great, but it became so hard to nurse in public and chase Lincoln around at the same time. I started bringing bottles and Declan just started liking the bottles better. When I would try to nurse, he would nurse a little and then about 30 minutes later chug a bottle. I am sure there are things I could have done to help prolong the nursing but honestly with two kids under two, just making sure his needs were met were the most important thing to me and he is still getting the snuggles and love while eating - just a little more costly form of nutrition!
Declan doesn't mind tummy time and playing with his toys on his toy mat. He doesn't last a super long time with tummy time, and he will sometimes end it by rolling over. He has great aim when trying to bat his toys while on his back, and he really likes when Linc gets down and plays with him. We also introduced the Bumbo chair, and he likes this new view of the living room as well.
Linc likes the chair too...he couldn't fit in it with his chunky thighs after 5 months but can fit in it now as a 20 month old!
Declan makes our lives better. He brings such joy to the three of us. Lincoln's day doesn't seem to begin until Declan wakes up. The nights can be long - he wakes usually once to eat but then sometimes stays up for an hour during that time - but I relish in the quiet moment that I have with this little bean. He may be my last baby, and I am trying to remember every milestone, enjoy every second, and forget the hard moments. How can't I when this is the face I see each day? :)
We love you, Declan Dougherty.




1 comment:
Grandpa and GaGa love you too!
Post a Comment