In my last blog post, I wrote about Lincoln’s and my morning routines involving the grocery store on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I wrote a line in it that got me thinking, and then got me depressed, but then made me happy. This is a hard thing for me to write, so bear with me.
I am a regular at a Grocery Store!!
AHHH! I never EVER thought I would write those words.
I miss Chicago and my Gaslight days. I miss seeing my friends and regulars at Gaslight. I miss seeing my wife at Gaslight! I miss being a regular to customers at Gaslight. In my time, and in Shelley and my time, we became regulars at other places too: Galway Arms, Galway Bay, Sports Corner, etc. Never in a million years did I think I’d be a regular at a grocery store. I guess that’s what fatherhood (and suburbia?) does… I guess there is only one thing to do… Embrace the crap out of it and own it!
From this...
To this...

2 comments:
We hate to say it but enjoy those days being a regular at the grocery store because one day there will be a time ,,when they say they do not want to go!
That is what I tell myself all the time - enjoy these moments no matter how tired I am or how hard it seems because they don't last forever! - Shelley
Post a Comment