Delcan at 11 weeks (a little sick with his first cold) and flashback to Linc at 11 weeks...what sweethearts!
One of the parents at Roycemore once said newborns are like potted plants. I didn't really get what she meant at the time being pregnant with my first child, but now after two kiddos I completely understand. You spend so much time in the beginning "watering" and caring for the plant and it really does nothing for a long time. Newborns don't do much and a newborn like Declan really didn't do much because he was just so GOOD. He didn't fuss and only cried if he really needed something. In fact, I got his hearing tested because I was sure that he couldn't hear the chaos (I mean happiness) that his brother created on a daily basis. Good news - his hearing and brain waves are just fine. The specialist said he is perfect and to just embrace the fact that we have a very easy baby - for now! :) Back to the potted plant...after weeks of watering, sunshine, and care a flower blossoms. Well, Declan has blossomed and he has quite the personality! He loves when people smile at him, and he will almost always smile back. He watches his bigger brother like a hawk - often turning his whole head around to see where Lincoln is running, and Declan waves both of his little hands in the air with excitement. He is on the verge of laughing - he smiles with his whole face, opens his mouth really wide, and lets out a squeal. He can also mimic the sounds we make and will have a conversation with you. He is much more vocal than Linc was, and I joke that he will say more words than Lincoln does.
Brian wanted to add his thoughts this week about tummy time and Declan. It is his New Year resolution to add more to the blog this year, and I am excited to see what he writes!
Brian:
Part of the fun Declan and I have is during Tummy Time. As Shelley and I continue to develop more of an evening routine with Declan after we put Lincoln to bed, I’ve been able to have regular tummy time sessions with Declan. His tummy time also tends to coincide with UConn basketball games, which is a good thing for them, but more on that later.
Lately, Shelley and I have noticed a big improvement in his neck and core strength. He is able to hold his head up for longer periods of times (both on his tummy and while being held) and is able to push his head and shoulders back up off the ground once he decides to take a break and rest. In addition to tummy time, Dex has really made progress laying on his back on the activity mat. He bats at an elephant noise maker, and smiles proudly when his hands make contact with it. I even see glimpses of his laughs when I congratulate him in baby talk and tickle him. He opens his mouth really big and smiles and wiggles his arms excitedly. It reminds me so much of Lincoln at this age, and I can’t wait for Declan’s first belly laugh!


1 comment:
Such a cutie you are ,and changing sooo fast! We Love you too ,Declan
grandpa and GaGa
Post a Comment