Brian brought Linc to the hospital on Thursday morning, and Linc pointed to the baby and wanted to touch the baby. Then he wanted the heck out of there. Point taken. The visit lasted five minutes.
It has been a tough week, but I do see glimmers of hope each day. One afternoon he wanted to sit with the baby in the baby chair. He was very particular about how he wanted it done, and once I was able to figure out his system he did sit and hold Declan. It lasted about five seconds with me holding my breath and holding onto Dex for dear life, but the smile on Lincoln's face was worth it. He has given some hugs (and some smacks) and shows genuine concern when Dex cries and wants me to know he is crying. He is struggling with sharing his space with the baby along with his parents, and Brian CAN NOT hold Declan in front of Lincoln without Linc freaking out.
Linc has learned that crying will get immediate attention and can turn on the cry at a seconds notice. He then turns it off when he gets his way...busted. We are working on "using words" "no fuss" and "tell Mama" when he gets upset and sometimes it works and sometimes it ends up with Linc on the floor doing his fake cry.
It has been hard to see my sweet boy who was ALWAYS smiling turn into this tantruming toddler, but I am still hopeful as the boys grow and mature they will become friends. My mantra is - this is a phase - and it is. Linc will get more words. Dex will get bigger and be more fun and less fragile. They will eventually like some of the same things. I am not going to wish these days away that I have with them, but I am going to be more patient, more loving, and nurturing with Linc so he knows he is still special and loved in this house. Luckily, Declan goes along for the ride and just watches...hopefully he is not learning too much from his big brother quite yet!
![]() |
| Declan hoping today will be a good day with his big bro :) |



No comments:
Post a Comment