Lincoln likes to keep me on my toes and talking has been no different. As I wrote last week (and posted yesterday here), Linc has been communicating in every age appropriate way except for words. Then within the last 48 hours he has said the following - Mama and Dada, consistently to the correct person; ca for cat, brrrrrrrrr when we run cold water in the bath, hot when his dinner is too hot to eat, and up when we went up the stairs. Other than mama and dada the other words are not as consistent but have been used at the correct times. I am pretty sure the one-time 25 minute speech session is not the reason for spoken words but the timing is perfect, and we will continue speech for a little bit to see how he does!
This video of Mama is prompted and not quite as clear as his others (more nana than his true mama he can say), but it's on video so I will share it. He first yelled Mama from his crib one nap time, and I rushed up there and busted through the door to give him a hug and kiss. He continued to say it but then was pretty upset when it was really nap time again! Now he will say it in the car, when he needs help, and with prompting. He usually has a big smile when he says Mama and Dada, and the words are often followed by a hug or kiss. I try not to prompt him all day but it is so tempting to hear his sweet voice say my "name" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment