We welcome Baby Bean to 36 weeks on Friday, October 10th. I had my doctor appointment this evening, and I am currently 3cm dilated but I could walk around 3cm dilated for weeks! I have been having a lot of pain and am being treated for a UTI which not so fun, but there is an end in sight. I am scheduled to be induced on October 31st if this baby decides to stay in until then. I really did not want a Halloween birthday for this little guy, but they will not induce on the weekend and this date works best for everyone. If it comes to a Halloween birthday then we will have some rockin' birthday parties every year and maybe I can get by with less treats since the kiddos will have their candy to munch on :)
We are getting our ducks in a row and have a bassinet ready to go, a monitor for the baby's room, and a sound machine to promote sleep :) I also have most of the hospital stuff laid out just in case we are in a rush out the door on the big day. Lincoln still has no clue or concept about the baby, but this week at the Y he spent about 45 minutes bringing another little baby toys and "taking care of the baby" according to the staff. When I went to pick him up, he was sitting right beside the little baby and looked like a guard dog protecting his pup. I know there will be challenges, not so gentle touches, open mouth kisses aka biting, and other hiccups along the way but I have faith that these guys are going to be great friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment