Lincoln is 14 months, and I officially enter my third trimester with Baby Bean. Time is flying by this summer, and I am sure it will continue to zoom past me until this baby arrives in the fall.
Lincoln is full of smiles, energy, and love. He is always moving or wanting to move, and he is more stable on his feet and picking himself up after a fall. Lincoln loves to open and close doors, take the tops off containers and put them back, and drop his toys in buckets (or trash cans!). In fact, I found my Tory Burch sandals in the kitchen trash can today and a tennis ball in the bathroom trash can. Might be time to install some safety latches on trash cans and toilets around here!
Because Lincoln is always moving, he is finding very little time or patience for food. Everything you read says toddlers seem to "live off air" and Linc is proving that true some days. He picks at what was once his favorite foods and I sometimes follow him around after meals with food to try to get him to eat anything (I know, not a good parenting habit!). I have to trust that he will eat when he is hungry and as the saying goes - I decide the meal and the time, and he decides how much. He is definitely growing as he can reach things he could not reach before, and he has plenty of energy so I try not to worry too much!
Lincoln has many pleasant sounds that he uses when he wants something - usually to see the fish or the cats down the street - and he has many grunts and other vocalizations that he uses throughout the day. He has yet to say a consistent word every single day although he babbles all of the time - a lot in the car when he is looking in his mirror! He has mastered some sign language (more, milk, light), and he can follow directions like "give Momma a kiss" or "bring your ball to Momma". Per my nature, I worry because he is not able to express himself although he clearly knows what he wants, but literature says language for many children (especially boys) may not come until 18 months so we continue to help Linc express himself with our words, sign language, and lots of smiles and encouragement!
Lincoln smiles everywhere we go and seems to make friends with cashiers, other children, and anyone who looks his way. His smile lights up the room and without a doubt makes the other person smile. He is getting more open to other people holding him although it is usually just for a couple of minutes before he wants his mom or dad back. We have had a couple of visitors, and he loves playing and sharing his toys with them. He has even hugged some guests as they left, and I am always so proud when he shares his love with others!
Lincoln has about two more months of being an only child, and I am trying to stay as active as possible for his sake. Luckily he sleeps well at night and naps well during the day so I have time to rest because this kiddo wears me out during the day! I am soaking in some of the quieter moments I have with Linc and preparing myself that I will never be able to give him this much attention again. The silver lining is that Link will never be alone again because he will always have his baby brother to keep him company (and more than likely cause chaos, laughter and fun in our household!).

1 comment:
I don't think Link's kindergarten teacher will ask why he never speaks in class.
Post a Comment