Lincoln,
The year has flown by, and if this year went this quickly how quickly will it go as you and your little brother grow? I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you. I loved you the minute you were placed on my chest, but my love for you has only grown as you have learned to smile, hug, give kisses and raspberries. :)
You are always smiling in the morning. When you reach up for me from your crib, I know our day of fun is just beginning. You are full of energy and want to move, move, move, and I love you for keeping us busy all day long. You eat with either vigor - sometimes with your head closer to the table so you do not have to reach so far - or you throw your food on the floor with laughter. You sleep with your behind in the air, on your side, and sprawled out on your belly. You sleep so deeply that you do not hear your Dadda and me come in to say one last goodnight. Our last words to you every single night since you have been born have been - Momma and Dadda love you - and that we do.
You, Lincoln, have made our family more whole, more fun, and have even more meaning as people on this earth. You are our reason to plan out life, save money, and be careful. You are our reason to wake up in the morning and plan something fun or be sporadic and find something new in the city to experience and do. You are our reason to just quietly rock in a chair with a snuggly baby on our chest and reflect on how great this life really is.
This past year is my favorite year of my entire life, but I have a feeling each year is just going to get a little better and better. We will welcome your little brother into our family during your second year of life, get more settled in our new home, and spend a lot of time together before I return to work. I am looking forward to the changes, challenges, and joys that you will bring this coming year and in the future.
I am so thankful to be your mommy and am lucky that you are my son.
I love you, Lincoln Alan Brown.
~Momma
June 15, 2014

No comments:
Post a Comment