Sunday, November 17, 2013

First Blood

Brian and I were playing with Lincoln on the play mat on Saturday night before bed.  We noticed a little bit of red on the mat, and Brian commented that it was weird that there were brownish red stains on the mat.  Then we put Linc in his Bumbo seat, and after a little bit Brian saw some red on there.  He thought it was food (which is a weird assumption since Lincoln is not eating yet), and Brian wiped some away.  Then we noticed more and realized that Lincoln's finger was bleeding.  Brian had cut his fingernails before we played, and he must have snipped a little too close.  I, of course, immediately Googled what to do.  I applied pressure and held his finger up over his heart.  It was not gushing, but babies' fingers do bleed a lot when snipped (there are so many capillaries in the tips - thank you, Google) so I had to hold it for quite some time.  It eventually stopped, and I think that Brian was more scarred than Linc, who didn't even fuss.  I may be doing the manis and pedis for a while until Brian can collect himself!



Linc, before bed, saying - I'm alright!

The finger the next morning...

No comments: