Sunday, November 3, 2013

20 Weeks

Lincoln is 20 whole weeks old!  He is so smiley and snuggly and we think the best baby in the world (but we may be biased :).


Likes:  He loves his new view of the world from his Bumbo seat!  He can see everything and be a part of the action.  He also still loves the mirror, his play mat toys, and watching us eat.  He stares so intently at the fork leaving the plate and going to my mouth - it is going to be hard to keep him from table food until six months which is what the pediatrician recommended!




Dislikes:  He really dislikes sleeping.  I should rephrase that and say that he dislikes going to sleep on his own and napping in his crib.  We are debating sleep training but will ultimately decide on what works for us and Linc.  I am a wimp and can barely hear him cry, but I also need a well rest baby.  Maybe we will unlock the sleep code, I can write a book on our theory, and we will be famous!  Who knows?!

Day care notes...

Monday (October 28):  I (Norma) was feeding Lincoln his bottle and I noticed he likes to hold my fingers while he eats.  He also holds the bottle with both his hands then switches back to my fingers.  He really grips well.  He likes to look all around now while eating also.  If a child makes a noise, he looks all around to see what it is.  Lincoln is trying to figure out his schedule for sleeping.  We think he will combine the two morning naps into one eventually.  For now he has one foot in the old schedule and one foot in the new.  he will let us know when he has completed the transition!

Tuesday:  Baby Lincoln had a nice day.  We're trying to do different activities with Lincoln. Today Norma took out the bumpo seat for Lincoln to sit and play with soft toys.  Baby Lincoln is reaching for toys and he is grasping.  Sometimes when Lincoln is sitting in the swing and his pacifier falls out, he uses the back of his hand to push it back in his mouth.  What a smarty!

Wednesday:  Lincoln did not want to sit in his swig, on his tummy, in the car seat...and we knew the crib was not the right thing.  So I (Norma) decided to put Lincoln in the Bumbo seat with a tray.  It was the best thing!  Lincoln began to play with the toys on the tray and push them all around, knock them off and generally "play" with them.  He sat well and did not pitch forward.  I sat with him and kept handing him soft toys.  he was just bored before and needed a new outlook.  At nap, I decided to let Lincoln cry for a few minutes after putting him down.  He was really, really mad at me but in less than ten minutes, he settled down and slept for an hour!

Thursday:  Baby Lincoln was in a dancing mood today!  Yasmin was holding Lincoln on her lap an we were playing music on the boom box.  When an upbeat song came on, Lincoln began bouncing on Yasmin's lap.  Lincoln did it a few times and it made us laugh.  He's such a sweety and fun to be around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta get up and see that kid. I am missing too much.

Shelley Brown said...

Anytime!! :)