I have been a little behind on my weekly updates so I am going to combine 17 and 18 weeks with his 4 month photo shoot and call it a day. We both have been fighting colds and dressing him in real clothes (opposed to cozy pajamas) has been the furthest from our snotty minds.
Lincoln had his four month appointment with Dr. Cathy on Thursday, and despite his cold he was given a clean bill of health! He is 15 pounds even (52%) and 25.5 inches tall (71%). His head circumference is 42cm (43%). Dr. Cathy was impressed with his strength and wooed by his smiles and engaging personality. During Lincoln's time at day care, he eats much more than I am pumping so we will begin supplementing with formula. He will have one ounce of formula per three ounces of breast milk. Because Lincoln tends to be uncomfortable when I eat dairy and has had two diapers with blood in them (eeks!), he will be drinking a formula that already has the milk proteins broken down for him that Dr. Cathy recommended. What this means is we will be paying about $40 for a can of the formula so that is a good incentive for me to keep pumping as much as I can so he does not eat his way through our wallets! We ended the appointment with four shots and a lot of tears!
Lincoln at four months...
~Lincoln is soooooo happy! We always knew he was a happy and easy going baby but it is further reinforced through Ms. Norma and her crew. They love him. Each time I arrive to pick him up, someone is holding him or playing with him. I don't think his feet ever touch the floor - or rather his butt ever touches the floor. The other children tell me on a daily basis how much they love Baby Lincoln. This past Friday, Norma's husband (who is also there) told me that Baby Lincoln steals the show. He loves watching the other children eat and play, and they love playing with him and encouraging smiles and coos. Even when Lincoln was sick, he would cough and sneeze and then break into a huge smile.
~Lincoln is talking a lot! I think he listens to the big kids at Norma's and he mimics their sounds when we get home. He is so talkative and is now beginning to experiment with his tongue. You can see him pushing it around, rolling it, and trying different noises. He also blows a lot of spit bubbles (evidence seen on his gray onsie above) and is making raspberry sounds. The race is on for mama or dada, but research shows that dada is easier to say so I will not be offended if that is first!
~Lincoln loves his toys. He plays on his playmat and is so alert during his awake hours. He tracks toys as we move them past him, and he consistently reaches for the hanging toys to play with them. He is beginning to kick toys with his feet. It is actually fun to play with him now since he is so interactive opposed to when he was younger and was more of a lump on a rug :)
~Lincoln is sleeping very well through the night. We have a consistent bedtime routine, and he usually goes down without a fuss. When he was sick, he was waking up a lot, but now that he is better he is sleeping 12 to 13 hours with only waking one time to nurse. We put him to sleep drowsy and he usually falls asleep on his own from there. Naps are a different story. He does not like to nap in his crib, and in fact when I need him to wake up soon I just put him in his crib because I know he will not stay asleep. He is sleeping well in his swing and car seat (which is where he is now!), and at Norma's he will sleep for about 45 minutes in the pack and play. The doctor said that babies organize their night sleep first and then begin to work on their naps around 6 months. I will take a solid night sleep over naps any day!
Lincoln is really showing his personality - his likes and dislikes - and it is so fun to play with him and be a part of his life. His smile lights up the room and is contagious, and when he laughs or talks it is impossible to walk away from him. We are late some mornings because Lincoln's conversations just keep going, and I will sacrifice my Starbucks run or prep time in my classroom just to listen to his important words. We are truly lucky that he is ours and can't wait to watch him grow and be a part of what is next!


1 comment:
Such a cutie even with a nasty cold!
Post a Comment