Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Bottles and cans just clap your hands..."

(Brian here)

It's been a few weeks since my last post, but I'm back in the band! And as the leader of my imaginary punk-rock band, I've gave Lincoln his first bottle. Actually more than one bottle, and I witnessed some of his binge drinking, but all is good. During our first bottle litmus test, Lincoln was very receptive to the bottle and seeing my face where mom's boobs are. He took 2 ounces in about 5 minutes and didn't have any issues with it. Like his dad, he's pretty happy when he is eating! Over the past two days, I've given him two additional bottles, one of which he chugged! He's pretty receptive to it, which bodes well for Shelley's future plans of leaving Linc with me while she gets her nails done. During the bottle feedings he tends to look up at the wall or ceiling (old habit) so I've made sure that at least at some point he makes eye contact with me and sees me with the bottle. It's been really amazing taking on this responsibility, and I now know what Shelley means when she says "he's not really eating; he's just playing."


No comments: