How many weeks? 27 weeks
How do I feel? Great! I had a doctor appointment this week with Barbara Diakos, and she was really happy with my growth and health. My blood pressure is still a bit low (90/55), but I only feel faint when I stand up too quickly so I have learned to just stand up slowly or sit down if I see stars. I passed my glucose screening which made me REALLY happy. The doctor did say to take it easy on sweets because she does not want me to deliver an eight pound baby - she would rather see a six or seven pound baby since I am petite. They are going to keep an eye on the baby's growth, and hopefully this bean does not get too big (did anyone see the news story about the 15 pound baby from England?!?!). I have put on a total of 14 pounds, and hopefully I stay around 25 at the end. I am still going to the gym and went to my first prenatal yoga class at EAC this week. I love yoga and go to a "normal" yoga class every week so this was kind of a joke. We spent about 10 minutes on breath which I totally get for labor and delivery, at one point did a warrior pose but with a chair, and then "slept" for 15 minutes at the end. I found it way too easy and very much prefer my typical yoga class where I can really work on my concentration, breath with movement, and focus while doing different poses (and hold a plank or two!).
I was supposed to be in Florida for my 27th week picture. I had a plan of taking my picture on the beach and then promptly laying by the ocean all day with a cold water in my hand. Unfortunately my grandmother passed away the day I was suppose to leave for my trip so instead of heading to Florida, Brian and I headed to Ohio on Saturday evening. We made it home in time to celebrate Easter the following morning with the Botkin side of the family. Brian and I also got to spend some downtime with Sarah and Shaun at their house - we went shopping at the mall, looked at different neighborhoods and dreamed about big houses with manicured backyards, and ate way too much food. Tuesday night we headed to Chillicothe and stayed at the same hotel as my parents. My mother gave us our shower present (cute clothes and a gift card!), and then we headed to Jerry's Pizza for dinner and as family tradition goes - ate pizza and played Keno. The visitation and services for Grandma were on Wednesday, and then we headed back to Chicago so Brian could return to work for a couple of days before the weekend.
Although the circumstances were not happy, it was great to see my family all in one place! I have realized I will only be pregnant for a couple more months and it is nice to share this baby bump with my loved ones. I fully plan on having another child (but you can't control everything!), and I am happy that I got to celebrate this jumping bean with my family and spend one last trip as Shelley and not as Mommy.
Below are some random photos from Easter - I am bummed that I did not get more or a group shot. Always next year! :)
| Typical Bo shot |
| Grandpa Botkin at his new home |
| "the boys" - Shaun as the tough guy and Brian as the sweetie :) |
| Dad exaggerating his belly to match mine - I think he may still win the belly contest! |

No comments:
Post a Comment