As my boys have grown older, I want to respect their privacy. The documentation of this blog served me well to remember their babyhood or those fleeting moments that I never wanted to forget. I look back on the posts and think about holding that three week old baby and the complete fear I felt about keeping that child alive. I remember the feeling of bringing home a newborn to a toddler who did not speak and the complete isolation I felt in a new house, new town, and my new job of being a stay-at-home mother. I also remember feeling beyond proud as Lincoln began his first school experience, held his own (and excelled!) on the soccer field, and Declan busted out of his calm shell and brought the funniest sense of chaos and unending love into our home. But, as the boys grow older, I am not sure they want to reread stories of themselves learning the ropes of school or beginning to feel apart of a school community (or the tears when they don't). It is no longer my story to share - my struggles or my happiness as a parent - and I leave the story here with a three and a four-year-old. Boys who love each other more than the entire world; boys who love their parents with their whole hearts; boys who have moments when Mom gets mad but also moments when Mom can't help but smile because she is SO proud.
Thank you for reading. Thank you to my parents for commenting on almost every post :). I am so thankful to have this blog as a memory because Lord knows I don't have much of a memory from these last few years!
Lincoln Alan Brown
Our adventures
Family of three becomes party of FOUR
Continuing our adventures - oh my!
Landing in Ohio, close to family, enjoying life and whatever comes our way.
Peace.






2 comments:
I am so sad that this is coming to an end because as always I look to you, but I am also so excited you did this for their first years of life. Thanks for being an inspiration whether you realized it or not.
Ann - thank you for the kind words! I beyond honored that you continued to read about our daily adventures through the many years. I am excited to now read your words and thoughts as you navigate parenthood. Who would have thought that almost 20 years ago, we would be parents, and pretty good ones at that, still sharing our wisdom with each other :)
Post a Comment