Sunday, January 17, 2016

Train Expo

When you are the mother of two little boys you learn to shoot hoops, kick soccer balls, and play with trains.  A train expo was in town over MLK weekend, and I knew that Lincoln would LOVE it.  We told him about it on Saturday even though we were not going until Sunday - big mistake.  He asked us constantly when we were going so on Sunday morning he jumped out of bed and was more than ready to see the choo choos!

When we first walked in, Lincoln spied the first train and went crazy!  He was beyond excited, and the look in his eyes was worth it all!  There were huge electric trains with a lot of little details to look at; of course, Lincoln loved the one train display where it looked like they were going to crash.  He would yell - crash! - each time he thought they were going to crash.






There was one area where the children rode the trains.  Lincoln wanted to ride it so badly and although I knew he was really too small to ride he, I let him try it.  He let the man put him on the train all by himself, let the man adjust his legs, and went around the loop one time.  Then his little face started crinkling up and he started crying.  The man quickly took him off, and Brian and I made a big deal about him doing something new ALL BY HIMSELF.  I loved seeing him try the ride by himself, and I knew he was so excited.  Although he only made it one loop it was huge to him, and we are so proud of him as he grows bigger and more independent!





Declan got to hang out with Mom or Dad.  He spent some time in his stroller with his milk cup.  He smiled a lot.  He was just happy to be with everyone.  I know next year they will running in opposite directions, and we will wish for the days when one baby stayed in one place!

No comments: