I am no longer doing monthly updates on the boys unless there are big changes or a big birthday, but I do want to take a minute to remember our little peanut, Declan, at 14 months. He seems to be changing so much every day!
He is getting so confident with his cruising, and although he is a late walker, I know one day he will let go and just take off. His confidence might be a little higher if his big brother didn't knock him down so much!
Declan has four teeth on the top and two on the bottom - his grin makes everyone around him smile even more.
Declan is showing true preference for his parents, and he is beginning to show some shyness in public places. He will nuzzle his head into me when a stranger says hello and the look up really quickly to see if the stranger is still looking.
He is talking so much! His favorite word is "dada" and he also says all done pretty clearly. He does say mama although not as often. Declan also says up and uh oh.
Declan loves playing peek-a-boo, tickle games, and hide and seek. He will often start these games himself and invite you to play with him. I love when he comes crawling over to me, lays down on the floor, and tickles himself showing you that he wants to be tickled. He played a game with my mom where he would walk around the couch to her, tickle her and then walk away, repeat. He thought it was so funny!
Declan is a snuggle bug who loves to be held. He watches his big brother like a hawk and repeats much of what he sees. He and Lincoln wrestle, and Declan can hold his own. Linc often takes Declan's toys. One day I know Declan will take the toy right back and I will be there to cheer him on!
We love you, Declan Dougherty!








No comments:
Post a Comment