Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Declan - 2 months!




Declan is now the big 2 - big 2 months that is!  He is more alert, smiley, and easy going as ever.  We are so in love with his big eyes, happy disposition, and how flexible he is with his big brother touching, poking, and loving on him!


Some notes about Declan at 2 months...


Declan eats about every three hours.   I have been nursing him, but we have also been bottle feeding him pumped milk and a little bit of formula as well.  In public, it is easier to chase Lincoln while feeding Declan a bottle.  As many second time mothers understand, I am just happy that he eats and fills his belly during the day!

For a couple of weeks, Declan had been sleeping four to five hour stretches.  He went an eight hour stretch one night, but that was a fluke.  The last couple of nights have been a little tough, but hopefully that is a growth spurt.  I can not deal with 45 minutes sleep increments too much longer!  We are hoping that by making sure he eats every three or so hours during the day instead of sleeping on family members, he will go back to his longer stretches at night.

Declan's hair is growing in quite nicely and he is beginning to lose the mullet in the back :)  I just recently noticed his eyelashes growing in and I love how long they look already!  He is one beautiful boy!

Linc gave smiles away for free.  Declan is a little more reserved but when he does smile, it is contagious and his whole face smiles.  I do almost anything for that smile in the morning, and he never disappoints!



Declan talks and talks and talks.  He babbles and repeats our tone of voice quite often.  When Lincoln is being especially noisy, he will squeal to get attention too.  Lincoln was a quieter baby so this is fun and different than what we are use to!

                              

We love you Declan Dougherty and we can't wait to see what this next month brings!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you too happy 2 months GaGa and grandpa!