~Because Lincoln is three-months-old, he can now hold his head up like a champ! He is able to hold up his head when we hold him (I can even hold him on my hip like a big boy), when he is sitting with help, and when he pick him up. His neck strength is awesome probably because Daddy works so hard with him during tummy time. It is fun to see Linc enjoy the new view from his sitting position. The good news is also that Lincoln still snuggles and will lay his head down on my shoulder when he is tired or just feels like he needs some extra snuggle time. Love.
~Lincoln can now hold a rattle and shake it because he is three-months-old now. We have been trying to put a rattle in his hand for a while now, and he would hold it briefly and then drop it. On the way home from Kansas City we stopped at a random Holiday Inn and asked if we could spread a blanket out in their lobby so Lincoln could stretch. I don't think the guy knew what to say, so he said, "Of course" and we spent about an hour playing and eating there. During this time, Lincoln held onto the rattle. Brian and I were talking and not really paying attention, but then we looked down and there was Linc holding the rattle and actually playing with it! It lasted a bit but then he accidentally smacked his own head with it and got upset. Lesson learned the hard way on that one!
~Lincoln smiles a lot now that he is three-months-old. Actually, he has always smiled a lot since he first started smiling, but now we both know how to make him light up the room! I do a lot of singing and kissing the belly, and Brian does a lot of funny noises, faces, and songs. It is a lot of fun to interact with Lincoln and be on the receiving end of those smiles!
~Now that Lincoln is three-months-old he can laugh!!! Well, we have really only heard his belly laugh once and it was over this weekend's travels. Brian was playing with him on the hotel bed, and Lincoln let out the loudest belly laugh with a huge smile. I am looking forward to more of those laughs over the weeks, months, and years!
~Lastly, now that Lincoln is three-months-old he can sleep through the night! Well, at least last night he slept from 7pm until 7:30am. It was amazing even though I had to get up at 4:30am to pump because I was so uncomfortable. I am hoping for many more nights like those in our future!
| Do you notice how his sticker is ripped and soaked- story of our lives right now with drooling and spitting up constantly! This signaled the end of our photo shoot :) |
So happy. So lucky. So in love.



No comments:
Post a Comment