Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Lincoln!


Linc's first bandaid :(
We celebrated Lincoln's one month birthday on July 15th by singing happy birthday, eating homemade zucchini bread cupcakes (thanks for baking, Dad!), and lounging around the house to avoid the hot weather.  Lincoln had his one month check-up on Tuesday, the 16th.  Dr. Cathy gave him a clear bill of health and answered my million questions and reassured my worries.  He is now 9lbs 9ozs and 22 inches long with a head circumference of 37cm.  This puts him at just below average in weight and a little above average in height which confirms what I thought since his clothes do not fit around his belly but are beginning to fit his longer torso.  Linc also received his second HepB shot, and the shocked look on his face when he got it was heartbreaking.  He only cried a little bit, and I was able to nurse him right away to help ease his cries.  His two month appointment will be tough since he will get even more shots - thankfully Brian goes with us and is strong and calm.

Fun facts about Lincoln at one month old:

~ Lincoln is a very chill baby.  He is content just hanging out.  He will watch what is happening, sit on our legs, snuggle against our chest, and will hang out on his playmat if I need to run to the restroom or start dinner.

~Lincoln really only cries if he is hungry.  Every now and then he will fuss if he wants picked up, but for the most part he will only cry if I have stretched him too far in between nursing sessions.  With that being said, when he cries he cries!  It can be heartbreaking when I am driving in the car and cannot do anything about it.

~Lincoln now fills out his newborn clothes and some three month clothes.  We are very excited to move beyond the four onsies that fit him when he was born.

~Lincoln HATES being swaddled.  He likes his arms up when he sleeps so we have moved onto sleep sacks.  I am keeping the SwaddleMes just in case he changes his mind, but something tells me he will not.

~Lincoln grunts A LOT while sleeping.  I am hoping that one day I will be able to sleep through the grunting but for right now I just watch him (like a weirdo stalker mom) in the bassinet.

~I swear Lincoln is starting to smile at me and Brian.  He has always smiled with a gassy belly or as a reflex, but he is starting to look right at us and smile when we make funny voices or play games with his fingers and toes.  I will admit that I am a pretty funny girl and have a lot of experience making five-year-olds smile (which is why I probably still laugh everytime he dirties his diaper VERY loudly!) so I am not too surprised that he thinks I am funny.

~Lastly, Lincoln has captured the hearts of everyone that has met him.  He is a snuggle bug, a chill dude, and a gentle soul.  I cannot wait to see how he grows and learns but for right now I want to freeze time and soak in every minute of this one month old baby!

Dr. Cathy noticed his reddish hair - we will have to wait and see how it/if changes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY LOVE AND KISSES
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA S