Monday, May 27, 2013

35 Weeks!


How many weeks?  35 weeks

How do I feel?  Sore, heavy, and tired.  It was a long week despite the fact that I took Wednesday off (dr. appointment and prenatal massage trumped Kindergarten that day).  On Sunday night into Monday morning, I felt a very intense pain on the top right of my stomach.  It was aching like a bruise, hard, and hot.  I called my doctor and was told to go to the hospital to get it checked it out by the on-call doctor (not the Diakos sisters).  Brian was working on a huge project, and I really did not want to bother him so I went by myself.  At the hospital, they hooked me up to monitors and the baby looked great.  After many pokes and scans, it was decided (by the world's hottest doctor - he will not deliver my baby if I have my say!) that my liver is swollen.  There was no real explanation why or how, but the hospital staff did not seem too worried about the prognosis.  The hottest doctor in the world (who is probably the smartest doctor in the world :) said it is a pre-sign to preeclampsia but my blood pressure is fine as is my urine.  I had a routine doctor appointment set up with Rose on Wednesday and my weight was fine (up 22 pounds), my blood pressure was ok (90/72), and my tummy measurement was on target (she did not share the exact measurement, just said it was fine).  The baby's heartbeat was strong, too.  She did not seem to worry about my swollen liver either so I am trying to keep cool about it.  I start going every week now so I have another appointment this Wednesday afternoon where they will test for Group B Strep and after that week she will begin checking to see if the baby is head down.

I have also had some pretty intense Braxton Hicks contractions which just means my body is preparing for the big day.  During one night, I had them for an hour, and Brian was perfect during the management of the pain (especially for it being 2am).  He used all of his coaching skills from class, and he was very helpful.  I know he will do well on the big day, too!

This week I really want to start thinking about our birthing plan, getting dates set up for visitors (we want people to visit so please do not hesitate to travel to us!!!), and thinking about a simple will for the benefit of our child.

It makes me laugh - but one of the K-Kids asked me, "Mrs. Brown - where is your back going?"  Upon many follow-up questions by me, I realized that she is noticing how my tummy is growing and my back looks more like a C to accommodate the baby and the weight.  The picture up top really shows that "my back is disappearing" :)

Six more days with kiddos and five more weeks until the due date!

No comments: