Follow our adventures in parenting as we raise our sons - Lincoln Alan and Declan Dougherty.
Friday, March 22, 2013
26 Weeks!
So let's not judge the picture above! I actually looked nice this morning when I was going to work, but Brian slept in and was not awake to take my picture. We have a tradition that each Friday we sing Happy Birthday to Baby Brown and then take the picture. I sang the song by myself this morning and waited until the evening to take the picture. Unfortunately, I also went to the gym and took a nap before Brian got home so the picture is not the prettiest.
How do I feel? I have a lot of lower back pain and pelvic pain on the lower right side. I am going to the doctor next week, and I am anxious to hear if she thinks the baby sits really low (because I think he does). One of the mothers at work who is a prenatal yoga-ite suggested in investing in a maternity belt for the the times that I stand at work all day. This big belly on my 5'2" frame may need some support so I am going to look into that during spring break. The generous families at work also bought me a spring break treat of a 90 minute prenatal massage so I am excited to use that when I return from Florida! I am so lucky to have such generous parents at school and parents who genuinely care about the baby and me. Maybe they know how tough their kiddos can be sometimes :)
I also had my glucose screening this week. I went to Quest, had to drink a little bottle of super sweet juice, and wait an hour for a blood draw. I will get my results next week when I go back to the doctor, but I assume if they have not called yet that the results are fine. I ate an extra cupcake and ice cream bar this week just in case I failed and am told I can't eat sweets for the next 14 weeks!
Cravings? Same and same. Although I am really looking forward to Florida next week and indulging in seafood (within the dietary limits) and eating whatever my mother cooks for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment