Sunday, January 6, 2013

14 Weeks and 15 Weeks

We spent week 14 traveling for the holidays.  First, we went to Philly to visit Brian's mother and father.  It was a lovely visit and I started to get back my appetite to have normal dinners with his family.  We surprised Brian's brother, sister, Dad and Cindy with baby presents since they did not know we were expecting, and their reactions were precious!  I also posted on Facebook the big announcement, and I received a lot of wonderful well wishes and congratulations.  This little bean is going to be one very loved baby (and probably a bit spoiled, too!).

We then headed to Ohio to visit my family.  My parents had been in a car accident a couple of days before Christmas so the spirit of Christmas was a bit dampened, but everyone put on their smiles for the big dinner and opening presents.  I rested a lot, took a couple of baths, and even took a trip to Tuttle Mall to walk around a little (minus an almost pass-out moment in Starbucks).  Sarah took us to a couple of neighborhoods to look at houses, and Brian and I really could see ourselves in a couple of them.  One day we will have a big house with plenty of bedrooms, bathrooms, and a dining room to entertain too!

My week 15 picture was obviously taken in my pajamas, but you can see the bump that is quickly making it's appearance.  In fact, Brian and I went to Old Navy today to look at maternity clothes and once I put those pants on with the big stretchy panel over the belly, I felt like a million bucks!  I am excited to finally be comfortable in my clothing, and my skinny jeans may be making their way into the storage containers until next fall when I put them back on.

I also had a doctor appointment this past week (14 weeks, 4 days).  Weighed in at 131 so plus one for weight and my blood pressure was 90/62 which I think is a little low and may be why I feel dizzy sometimes.  Dr. Diakos was very quick but reassuring and said although there is never a zero chance of miscarriage, I have to believe the baby is okay and the chance is less than 1%.  She used the doppler, and the baby's heartbeat was quick (153 bpm) but healthy.  All in all, a great and reassuring visit!!

Excuse the bed head, I had just woken up.

How many weeks?  15 weeks

How do I feel?  I have a lot of my energy back!  I have been busy with meeting up with friends for lunch over break, shopping, and organizing the house as much as I can.  I am not sleeping well at night - nightmares, can't get comfortable, wake up on my back - but have been taking naps so going back to work is going to be tiring!

Cravings?   Fruit (best fruit bowl at Lady Gregory's), pasta, and soda :(  I try really hard to limit the soda to once a week for a treat.

Weight gain?  I was up one pound at the doctor's office (131) but when I weighed myself at the gym tonight I was down two.  So about the same!

No comments: